I am a B.I.S. and Gundog Group judge and am an English Setter breed specialist. I have been qualified to award CCs in English Setters since 1987, and have done so at Southern Counties (1989, Dogs), National Gundog (1990, Dogs),Gundog Breeds of Scotland (1992, Dogs & Bitches), English Setter Society of Scotland (2003, Bitches).
I also judged
- Gundog Group at N Devon Agricultural Show, 1987
- Gundog Group at Totnes Agricultural Show, 2002
- Gundog Group at N Devon CA, 2003
- Gundog Group at Colerainge CC, N Ireland, 2004
- Gundog Group at East of Scotland, 2005
- Gundog Group, AV Gundog & Terriers at Pontardulais, 2005
- Gundog Group at Newton Abbot and S Devon, 2006
- Gundog Group at Truro and District CS, 2007
- Gundog Group at Barry,Penarth and S Glamorgan, 2009
- Gundog Group at Witney and District CA 2013
- Gundog Group at St Austell and District CA 2014
- Gundog Group at Hereford and County KC 2014
Best In Show
- Best in Show at Totnes Agricultural, 2002
- Best in Show at Yeovil (Gundogs Hounds and Terriers), 2008
- Best in Show at St Austell and District CA 2014
To date, I have judged
I am a committee member of Donyatt Dog Clug (Ringcraft section).
- 124 classes of English Setters - over 875 dogs
- 37 classes Golden Retrievers
- 31 classes Labrador Retrievers
- 9 classes Gordon Setters
- 30 classes Irish Setters
- 39 classes Cocker Spaniels
- 10 classes English Springers
- 12 classes Welsh Springers
- 5 classes Curly Coated Retrievers
- 11 classes Flat Coated Retrievers
- 6 classes Italian Spinoni
- 13 classes Weimaraners
- 10 classes German Shorthaired Pointers
- 8 classes American Cocker Spaniels
- 7 classes Hungarian Vizslas
- 9 classes English Pointers
- 6 classes Irish Red & White Setters
- 90 Classes of AV Gundog, as well as classes of Whippets, WHWTs, CKCTs, AV Hounds etc.
- ...plus countless Exemption shows, Companion shows, Club Matches etc.
I first started showing English Setters in 1968 and qualified my first dog for the KC Stud Book in 1970. Since then, I have made up one Champion and qualified several more for the KC Stud Book. I have bred only 15 litters, producing a CC winner and several Championship Show winning dogs in other hands. The several years, I following an operatic career, but have now retired.
This makes me available for judging appointments in dogs and horses. I consider myself to be a knowledgeable, experienced stocksman, I am 100% honest and I have worked hard to gain and maintain my canine knowledge and experience.